Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Saturday Wedding

Wasn't Saturday the perfect day for a wedding?- NOT! It thundered and we had torrential rain storms - but that turned out to be the day that my brother just happened to have chosen for his wedding day. 

His wife hasn't been at all well for many years, so it was lovely to see them have such a lovely day, despite the weather!  (This was my brother's first marriage at aged 47!..)    It was a day that many of us won't forget... 

I made them a card, a design I lifted from Kirsty Wiseman's blog:
(The background is the blue dress that I wore to the wedding, I took this picture of the card on my lap in the car on the way there.  Apologies for the  lighting quality of the photo, I was trying to take it inbetween going over the speed bumps on the road!) 

Today, for Bank Holiday, we went on a trip to a working water flour mill:
Look at the mess on my boys (bottom right), covered in flour!  They have this great knack of getting filthy, I really don't know how they do it!  (Although, when I do my art....)

 I have also done another page of my Ireland journal, but I'll show you that next time,

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky


2 comments:

Carmen said...

I take it you weren't driving as well...? ;)

Gorgeous card and congratulations to your brother and his wife :)

Friday afternoon we drove to Hastings to spend a couple of days at Craig's Mums. Rain and wintery wind all day saturday and then home again on a gloriously sunny sunday. Flipping typical!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Congrats to your brother and his wife. Fab card and lol @ your boys!

Claire x

Related Posts with Thumbnails