Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 15 June 2012

In the Sun (I wish!)

Continuing with one of the other online courses I am doing, today's 'show and tell' is my Day 3 of Natalie Malik's 'In the Sun' journaling course. 

The prompt today was about writing down your list of what you need to do this Summer.  Once written down, we were to hide it - in a magazine illustration - for example.   Do you like the picture I have chosen for my 'To Do' list?  lol.  I have actually got quite a long list of things I want to do this Summer and this is where I've hidden my list:

The circle is actually a notebook which I have made into a secret compartment by making a hinge out of washi tape.  I have 4 pages altogether to write on, these two above which you can open again:

..and this is my list so far.  I have a pen with a diddy nib so can write lots and lots of things I want to do this Summer.  

As you can see by this list of 'Planned Events', one of them is the Leamington Spa Peace Festival, you may remember me showing you pictures of that in previous years?  Well it is this weekend, yay!...but Boo! The weather is due to be pants!  

Which reminds me, someone sent me this on Facebook:
..and that just about sums it up!

Thanks for looking today and for any comments,
Nicky

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Hahha! That's about right with the Facebook thing!

Loving seeing your summery creations and you are always so ingenious with your hiding little things :)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

All these summery thoughts still aren't working :( It's chucking it down here and looks set for the weekend :(

Love your hidden to do list and the use of Washi tape. Didn't realise you were on FB.

Have a fab weekend
Claire x

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks again Carmen and Claire for your kind comments.

Claire, I am on FB, but not in a big way, I just keep it for relatives and people I know locally, they don't even see any of my crafty stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails