Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 2 June 2012

Daisy Yellow's ICAD 2012 - Jubilee Theme

I spotted this mini (free!) course on the internet today:
Daisy Yellow's Index-Card-A-Day 
.
..and thought I'd give it a go this year.  All the information you need is on the Daisy Yellow site here, but basically it's about creating just one piece of art work  a day on a (cheap) 3 x 5" lined index card during June and July.   There is a list of prompts that you can use, but they are not compulsory. 

I decided to do my first card today (Monday 1st) on the theme of the Jubilee celebrations we have coming up this weekend:


I have a collection of old postage stamps that I made the banner out of and also the one of the ship, the QEII.  These were from back in the day when postage really did cost just 5p to post (sigh!)...   After aging the edges with red ink and putting in some journaling, I used my existing rubber stamp collection to finish off the postage & jubilee themed page.

I'm not sure whether I will be able to do a card every day as in July we are going to Ireland for 12 days where internet access may not be readily available.  I shall just do whatever I can and whenever... along with other types of crafting too.

Hope you enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing, I'm off to a few jubilee related celebrations including a street party on Sunday, but this could depend on the weather...

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
Nicky



12 comments:

Cheryl Boglioli said...

love the postage stamps on your card.

Cynthia said...

Hip, hip, hooray! I love the colour around the edges and the way it fades to the center. Nice job!

B @ Sweet Limes said...

brilliant way to incorporate the stamps!

Maggie said...

God Save the Queen. I visited London for Christmas and saw some of the preparations for the jubilee. How exciting! Your card is a perfect tribute.

Dianne said...

oh love the stamps on your jubilee card! enjoy the celebration, and have fun on vacation...maybe some gorgeous photos can be featured in collages from your trip!

Anonymous said...

Love the postage stamps on your wonderful card! I hope you have lots of fun this weekend celebrating!

Sharon

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is fab hun. Enjoy your celebrations, keeping my fingers crossed that the rain stays away! xx

Karen Isaacson said...

love the way you turned the stamps into a banner. so clever! I took index cards on my vacation last summer and it was a fun challenge to be working with limited supplies in a totally different setting. and when I look back at the cards I am instantly transported to the beach house every time I look at the series of vacation cards.

Judith said...

Great Idea, Great Card, Love your theme...Wonderful....Judith, Texas

Anonymous said...

Totally love the postage stamp banner - super cool! And you can manage in Ireland, just take the cards and a couple of colouring markers and doodle! They'll be fabulous!

Diana Fernandez said...

I love how you used the postage stamps!!! I have about 300 of them hanging around and this seemed like a perfect use for them!!! LOVE

Anonymous said...

Banner is perfect. Enjoy the jubilee. xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails