Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Explore, Dream, Discover

Quick post tonight, with just the one image:

My eldest son is obsessed with all things dolphin and to a lesser degree, whales, at the moment . Every school project has to mention one or has a drawing of one and even the project he chose to do in his needlework lesson was a crafty stuffed dolphin.  (I do seem to remember I had a similar obsession with horses around his age!)   Incidently, this one he made was quite interesting because it had a cool 'Love' tattoo stitched on its side.

So this little project was a mini poster that I created for him using a white paint marker and colouring pens.  It was a bit tricky to draw the dolphin as I was using white ink on white paper but it was fun having it re-appear when the blue colours were added.   The wonky words were created using a 'John Bull' style stamping set which is why they are not as straight as they could have been!  Last minute 'finishing touches' were added using PicMonkey.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Nicky

1 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fun project - I did a very similar thing candles the other week. I think kids of a certain age do have mini obessions - my son had a thing for lizards and slow worms!! Thankfully he's outgrown that!

Claire xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails