Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 29 October 2011

Halloween Door Decorations

My boys went with their grandparents to a Severn Valley Steam Railway Halloween event this week and came back with some great haunted themed colouring books.  The only problem is that my boys don't willingly colour in anything, unless its for a competition where they might win something, like Lego or when they have to do so for something at school.   So, if I was going to have these pictures on display for Halloween this year, I was going to have to be the one to do the colouring in, unless...

I scanned them in to my computer and used a few settings on the free part of Picnik - Contrast, Invert and Neon and this was the result:

So for a little bit of effort I have managed to make some great child-friendly pictures that I can hang on our front door for the young Trick or Treaters that come round on Monday.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Clever idea Nikki :D Would never have thought to do that with colouring books - works so well though.

K said...

Good idea Nicky!!!

PepPop said...

Very clever Nikki. Jaqui x

marc said...

great idiea you could even do a few more and roll them up and give them to kids who knock as a little extra gift i like the art work big love marc

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks crafters and welcome marc! Good idea to give other children some of the colouring pages.

Related Posts with Thumbnails