Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 8 October 2011

A Christmas Craft - Edible Snowmen

Breaking for an interval from my Halloween posts, I bring you a craft for children (or yourself!) to make for Christmas:
Marshmallow Snowmen

This was a craft I found in a children's craft book I got from the library called 'My First Craft Book' by Cico Kidz publishing.   As the process is described in steps in the book, I had better not impose on their copyright by doing the same.

I can, however, briefly describe how I made each of mine.  For each snowman I used:
 Two white marshmallows with a cut toothpick in the middle, an orange long chewy sweet (loosely tied into a scarf shape), black writing icing for drawing on the face and buttons, and a small dollop of white writing icing to use as a glue to stick on the nose and hat (made out of a large chocolate button and a mini marshmallow).

Safety note: Please make sure that when you give these out that the receipients are aware of the cocktail stick in the middle!

I made several:
...and it seems a shame to eat them!

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Soooo cute! I couldn't eat them! Well, maybe one :D

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Mmmm Marshmallows!!!!! Seriously don't let me near these - they are way too cute, but I'm afraid I'd eat the lot :) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails