Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 8 April 2011

This Old House... Scrapbook Page

This is my entry to the Gauche Alchemy Julie Fei-Fan Balzer painted page challenge which is due for today (eek!):

It's a page about the house I grew up in (the address is on the tag but I have blurred that for privacy)

This is the journalling:

...and the finished page:
The dark blue background to the photo is a piece of canvas cloth that I coloured with a Memento ink pad (as seen on QVC today!) All the letters were painted blue.  They were from 3 different styles of chipboard lettering sets.  The letters for OLD were distressed, I attempted to crackle them but that didn't work out.  I've added vintage buttons using Glossy Accents and everything else was stuck down using PVA or Multi-Medium.   The reason for the blue colour was because for many years the paintwork on the house was blue so that is how I remember it.

 I showed you how I made the painted background on this slideshow post here a few days ago.  For the layout of this one, I used a sketch  from the 'Pencil Lines' book that I (woohoo!) got for Christmas. I'm just off to link this layout with Gauche Alchemy now and then its off to bed with me, its the middle of the night! 

Hope you've had a good week, thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

4 comments:

yyam said...

Hi Nicky! Thanks for playing along with Julie's challenge on the Gauche Alchemy blog! Your entry's gorgeous! I lovelovelove the background you've created! It's got so much depth and texture! Just THE perfect backdrop for that photo! :)

Carmen said...

It is indeedy fabulous, I'm so pleased you got it finished in time Nicky :D

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This awesome! I love what you've done with the tag, that's a fab idea and your background is just stunning. Claire xx

Melanie Marshall said...

You really use those inks well and the texture is beautiful, it brings a whole new depth to the page. Your old home is beautiful, I wish I lived somewhere as grand as a child!

Related Posts with Thumbnails