Welcome to my creative online journal

Monday 11 April 2011

More Easter Crafting & Good News!

Following on from yesterday's easter crafting post, I had some coloured book page strips left over from making these nests:
For these little birdies:
 (Isn't it funny the way they all look as though they're looking at us?)
So I used the strips to cover this egg:
 (Which isn't dry yet, but you get the idea). 

I used Multi Matt Medium on top of a polysterene egg (from a set of 12 that were 99p from the Works last year).  The medium was painted on below the strip and on top.

I also made this tonight:
The 'CREATE' word and the gears were made with air-drying clay, the coloured overlay is a photo effect created using Picnik.

Oops, I nearly forgot to tell you my good news, well, its good for me and my family anyway - my husband has got himself a job in our hometown - just a 15 minutes cycle ride away!!  As my regular followers will know, he has been working away, first in China and then Germany, so this is great news for us.  We'll be just like a 'regular family' again, yay!  Apart from seeing him, I know I'm going to be glad of the extra help looking after the boys.   

Hope you enjoyed your weekend (we spent a lot of it in the garden, we even had a barbeque!) 
Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

furrypig said...

loving your Easter creations and congrats on hubby's new job sounds wonderful to have him home again xxx

Sarah said...

Beautiful creations! I LOVE the egg, it's just gorgeous xxx

Carmen said...

Yay for hubbys good news!

I love that CREATE piece that you made.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab creations hun and great news - really pleased for you! x

PepPop said...

Love the egg. Is this for punky chic?

Huge congratulations I'm so pleased for you all. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails