Welcome to my creative online journal

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Let me make a note of that....

..in one of my notebooks....now, which one shall I pick for that particular note?
 
..and this doesn't include my plain covered collection! 

We have the retro look:
(I used to love Starsky & Hutch as a teenager!)  

..or the patterns:
...or the spots or stripes:
Maybe I could use the notebooks with the painted illustrated covers and quotes inside?:
..or perhaps I'll go with one of the ones with the quirky, fun covers:
. Actually, every one of these notebooks is blank, unused.  I have been just bunging them in a box in our attic for years with the obvious intention of using them one day.  But today I came across a journalling blog where the artist had made a book called 'Lists' and I thought, 'Wow! What a great idea, I love Lists' I'll make one of those (a book of  'Lists').... and then I got to thinking, 'what other books could I make?'  So, in my current, everything-goes notebook, I made a list (groan!):

I could make a:
HAPPY BOOK 
A GRUMBLE BOOK (Get it off my chest!)
A BLOG BOOK (Ideas for this blog)
A QUOTES BOOK
AN INSPIRATION BOOK 
A SHOPPING BOOK (Things I need!)
A HOUSE BOOK (Interior design ideas, etc)
 A BOOK for DOODLING IN
A SKETCHING BOOK
A COOKING/RECIPES BOOK
and AN IDEAS FOR THE GARDEN BOOK
...plus many others, but you get the general idea!

So finally, my enormous notebook collection will actually get used. I'm going to title them all up on the computer and get myself a bag on wheels to cart them all around  get myself organised!  

Are you a fan of notebooks?

Hope your week is going well. Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

5 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Ummm cough cough, looks hastily away - I may have a few notebooks in my stash, but I am slowly altering them!!! The only trouble is I keep adding to them.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your collection.

Claire xx

PepPop said...

Maybe it's linked to the craft gene LOL. Yep totally agree with notebook hoarding, writing lists, having a huge handbag just because my massive diary will fit in it (not used as a diary but a notebook) oh and I've got a thing for pens too...Thank you for letting me get that off my chest and knowing I'm not alone LOL. Jaqui x

Carmen said...

You have a problem. You have overcome the first step by admitting it! Next step - Notebooks Anonymous.

Can't say as am *that* bad about notebooks... but sketchbooks. Hohum.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Oh, I didn't show you my Sketchbook collection did I? lol. (Yep, got a load of them too ;-)

I've started making lists in my lists book today and the first list I made was 'Countries I've Been To'. Its FUN! (I haven't done the 'Jobs that Need Doing' list yet 'cos that will spoil my fun! lol)

Nicky

Melanie Marshall said...

WOW I thought I was addicted to notebooks but you win the prize!! They have a joke in my partners family about me getting my books out because i've always got some notebook going on!! I'm not sure if im addicted to all the pretty notepads or addicted to starting a nice fresh one!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails