Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 5 March 2011

HRH The Queen comes to Town




Those that follow my tweets may have seen these pictures already, but there was great excitement in our town today when the Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh arrived to officially open our new Justice Centre/Police Station/Magistrates Court.  As you can see by the top picture, during her crowd walkabout HRH was just inches away from me, how exciting!   Just look at that blue sky on the bottom picture!  Believe me it is very deceptive because it was absolutely freezing out there today.  I was very impressed with the Police though, they were doing a grand job entertaining the school children (answering their nosey questions about his baton & uniform) whilst we were all stood waiting.

* * * * *

I also managed to do a small craft today.  A couple of shrink plastic keyring trinkets:
I'm thinking that I might add a stamp or two using Stazon to finish them off.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

1 comments:

Marg said...

Brilliant photos! How lucky to get close enough to take such a good picture of the Queen. Thanks for sharing. It's freezing here too, feels quite autumnal. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails