Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 4 February 2011

Love Type Blocks

Today I decided to make a valentine's display for our dining room dresser:
'Pretend' Type-blocks
using Tim Holtz Letter Mask and some old children's play blocks.
I wanted a distressed look that would show the texture of the blocks so I've used wax crayons, a watercolour pen and a knife to scratch the surface of the letter.  I'm not sure it worked so I may just go over the letters with a black pen...

Apologies if the pictures aren't in focus, apart from it being nightime, I've got an eye infection in my left eye now. Can't believe the amount of illness I've had lately, I could do with a break!

I hope the eye clears up for the weekend, I'm due to go to my niece's 1st birthday party. For her present I got her this soft photo album (Amazon) that she can play with:
..and filled it with pictures of her and her family
Love her expression on this one - wearing her halloween outfit.  Not every picture needs to be smiley!

Enjoy your Friday. 

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
qwiksave

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Hi Nicky. Just been catching up on your posts. Am so behind what with being ill (What IS going on this month? It's ridiculous!) and then trying to get round all the OWOH blogs... am way behind.

Loving everything you've been doing - LOVE this little album :) As for the rolo badge - did you know you can buy silver rolo's now? :P I found out when I bought Craig a silver 'loveheart' sweetie from Buyagift.com :P He loved it the soppy thing *g*

Hollywood theme party said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails