Welcome to my creative online journal

Saturday 4 December 2010

Grandparents Gift in a Jar

Today's project was made with my children - a Christmas gift for their grandad and nanny that they (almost) made all by themselves.

It is this Gift in a Jar:
I have one jar for each grandparent and it is a very personalised jar with pictures of them that the boys have drawn and stuck around the sides.
Here are the boys hard at work drawing their pictures:
and the pictures they produced:
Inside the jar?  We have printed some questions off about their nanny and grandad for them to answer with their very own personal responses (this was a great fun exercise! :-)  )
(some of the ones for the Grandad jar - each boy used a different coloured pen)
Then they were folded into the jar with some christmassy confetti and a strip of christmassy paper was stuck around the side, and also some ribbon.  A heart gem was stuck onto the lid:
..and there you have it, two personalised presents for the grandparents that are from the children that I'm sure they will treasure.

(Idea taken from this blog here)


Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Highland Monkey's said...

Aww what a lovely present. As a grandparent myself I would love to get these sort of presents from my grandkids.

K said...

awwww, thats a lovely idea!

Kandi said...

That is special, as you say they will treasure it and if it was me I would be choked to tears reading all those, probably a few to giggle at too ~ isn't it funny how kids see others?
Kandi x

cheryl said...

oh hun what a lovely presant oh bless them,she will totally adore this hugs cheryl xxx

PepPop said...

Aww they're gonna love them. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails