Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 4 November 2010

Mini Journal - More Pages

As you can appreciate, I've been doing some more pages of the mini journal that is due for Sunday! Aaah!

Not all the pages will have age quotes, some will have embellishments for the receipent to put their own notes or quotes in.
Some of the pages have watercolours and pieces of patterned paper.

There's also some stickers of birds on one set of pages (this lady likes birdwatching). 
This set has stickers, a collaged cutout and some added doodling.

... and we have another quote.

All the pages are made of handmade paper with glitter embedded in the pages. I have used a glitter gel pen on some of the embellishments too.

Best get on, I've only got another 50 or so pages to do!...

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

K said...

WOW! with all the thought & effort you're putting in I'm sure she'll love it.

PepPop said...

Looks lovely - I really like how you've incorporated the birds as she's a bird-watcher. Great work. Jaqui x

Carmen said...

Just seen the post below and this one. Blimey but you like to make yurself work don't you :D

What a gift to open though, she's going to love it. I bet this is one of those that is even better in real life, very tactile by the sound of it.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks crafters, yes it does look better in RL and so do my hands - they look as though I'm at least 80! It's the lighting of course - and my apologies for the quality of pictures too, even daytimes are dark now, making it tricky to photograph anything well.

K said...

Gah, totally agree on the whole "even daytimes are dark now, making it tricky to photograph anything well", trying to get a decent piccy is almost impossible at the moment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails