Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Clay Embellishments & Beads

Inspired by my son making his 'Morph' video the other day, (which, incidently, he would like you to see when its complete!) I got out my self drying clay and some moulds that I'd been given and made myself some embellishments for cards and scrapbooking pages:

They still need some edge refinements but this is how they are looking, so far.

A few years ago my mother-in-law used to do a class in icing cakes and as she no longer wishes to do so again, thought I might like all her equipment.  She must have spent a fortune originally, so fortunately for me, I don't have to.
This is just a small selection of what she gave me.  They will be fun to use for my clay modelling.  I can make some beads and the holly leaves will make great christmas decorations.

I'm leaving the clay to dry out overnight and will paint them, possibly tomorrow sometime.
I've added holes in some of the decorations to make jewellery and scratched details onto the holly leaves and teddy with a scalpel.

I'm thinking they will look pretty good, once they've got a bit of paint and varnish on.

Thanks for looking and for any comments,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave


1 comments:

PepPop said...

Great gift from your MIL. Clever idea to make your own embellishments to BTW. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails