Welcome to my creative online journal

Thursday 19 August 2010

Picniking with Music

I've been Picniking again! As I've got a subscription I may as well make the most of it (it would be rude not to) - so I do many times over :-) and today, my theme was MUSIC. I got a music book from a charity shop recently which has the piano music and words to 'The Gondoliers' by Gilbert & Sullivan.*

Today I scanned some of the music pieces into my computer and did some more photo magic, courtesy of Picnik. First up we have this:

and I was really pleased with the 3d effect I (accidently!) created.
Next we have this:
 ..where I have modernised the old music with bright colours

...I also used the same original image to create this:

These two I just used because the words amused me (click to enlarge):



On this one I like the graphic quality of the image, and the transparency/velum look:

This one I did for fun!:
and this one! :-)
*According to the blurb, it was first performed at the Savoy Theatre in London in 1889.

*****
I decided to finish off the tye dying I started yesterday and very bravely decided to OVERLAP the circles.  Here is the finished bag, front:
Close-up:
and then I did one 'circle' on the back using all the colours:
 
Just so you know, the colours do dry paler.  This is how this pattern looked when I made it: 
Thanks for looking,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Nicky,

I came across your blog and I had to comment!

I'm on the Picnik team and I had to stop and say that the images you have created are really wonderful. Looks like you're having a lot of fun and getting creative with Picnik in a unique style. We would love for you to join a few conversations in our new forums: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/picnik

Thanks for sharing!
Ali, Picnik Team :)

Nicky Stevenson said...

Thanks for the compliments Ali from the Picnik team, but where's my commission cheque? lol. Only joking,(kind of!)

I'm happy to mention Picnik when I use it though as I love a lot of its features. You can even do a fair bit for free. Ooh, there I go again, rave, rave. I would be on a fortune if you paid commission (sigh!)...

PepPop said...

Great work once again. Love the red on the black (probably because they're my favourite colours) Your bag looks great too BTW. I'm a photoshop girl I'm afraid - no commission earned from me. I must have a play though. Jaqui x

Related Posts with Thumbnails