Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 27 August 2010

Creative Lettering

Today I've been looking at lettering for my art journal/altered book.  The instruction manuals and videos on journalling suggest you try this 'higgledy piggledy' style - where you draw guidelines using curved lines and you write in different sizes and thicknesses, like this:
I also made myself another 'Everyday' type of journal using a non-leather A5 Filofax which I have decorated with abstract scribbling:
I used white shoe polish and coloured markers.  I couldn't possibly have a creative journal with a plain black cover!
I decorated the inside too:
I've made myself some canvas pages by cutting up a roll of canvas from 'The Works' and hole punching them with my 'Big Bite'.
(The filofax was another charity shop bargain £2!)

Thanks for reading,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails