Welcome to my creative online journal

Friday 21 May 2010

Colourful Journal Page

A little while ago I had a 'practice run' (Link) at doing a journal page, well the idea still appeals to me to do a 'proper' one and now I have my Bind-It-All I can make my own pages.

So this is what I started to do tonight, my first background page:
The butterflies won't be on the page for real, they are just modelling for me! :-)    They are another recent purchase and they are magnetic.  I fancy using them as stencils as well as for other artistic uses.

To make this page (which I'm sure will be less dark when it dries) I used ordinary felt tips and a water brush.

And so that the colours kept individual, I wiped the water brush on my hand in between colours (a tip I learned from Create & Craft)
I love it when the colours spread out with the water.

Beautiful!

Another thing that is beautiful but not associated with it is the dandelion clock - there are so many around at the moment!

This is one of MANY in our back garden....

I meant our jungle! Where is that lawn mower? lol
Have a Great Weekend,
See you tomorrow,
qwiksave

5 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

That looks positively stunning!!! I love it! :-) Of course, I'm a huge fan of bright colors and butterflies!

Nicky Stevenson said...

Glad you like it - and thank you for popping in. x

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

How spooky ...... I was taking pictures of dandelion clocks on my way to work yesterday !!!

Gem said...

lovely journal page, so bright and colourful :) must have missed your post as didn't see your garden before! very dandelioney - get artificial grass like mine ;) lol xx

Artificial Grass said...

Interesting... I was searching this info for my uncle. He will be happy for such a great info. Thanks for sharing...
Ana

Related Posts with Thumbnails