Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Hippy Birthday

I managed to stop my sort out of the attic space long enough to make a birthday card today:
It's for a friend who is in her 40's so I think she will appreciate the retro look of this.
Here are some close ups:
The buttons and the 'Happy Birthday' have been put on with stickydots
..and I made the background out of Tesco napkins - just £1 for a pack of 20.

I stuck a napkin onto card with a pva & water mix and then because I was impatient, dried it with my heat gun.  I added random splodges of inks and then inked the edges with a red ink pad.  After that I stuck another napkin down onto the background card with spray glue and cut around the edge to fit. Finally I added the buttons with matching ribbons and the stamped and Glossy Accented 'Happy Birthday' to the main image and stuck that down onto the card with some more spray glue.  As a final touch I distressed the whole card with scissors and inked the edges too.

What a feast of colour and texture! Hope my friend enjoys it as much as I do!

qwiksave x

(This was a modified post from yesterday)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails