Welcome to my creative online journal

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Flower Magnet and Sunspecs Case

If you're like me, the sun is probably a long way away from your mind at the moment - it is SO C-O-L-D outside these days, not to mention the flurries of snow we keep getting - roll on Spring, thats what I say!

With this cold weather, it has meant I have had to spend all day inside with only QVC Craft Day to keep me company!  Even my husband has gone back to the sunnier climes of China to leave me suffering (ahem!) home alone.

I didn't go too mad with QVC though, I only got the one Tim Holtz thing, the TSV, which was his fantastic book.  Can't wait to see it!

For my craft today, I did some practical makes
I made the button brooch from hand made heartfelted into a magnet:

and I made a sunspecs case using funky foam and beads here:


You could use the same simple design to hold an IPod or Mobile Phone. The idea for making this came from discussions we've had on the Christmas Craft thread on Money Saving Expert and the basic instructions came from 'Awesome Crafts' (its real title!), an american craft book. 

EDIT: Spot the difference!  If you saw this blog earlier you would have noticed  that I have modernised the glasses case by adding some hand drawn swirls.

2 comments:

Melanie Marshall said...

Where's the photographs!!! LOL I can't wait to see what you've made!

I also got the Tim Holtz TSV. I've got a load of his things but his talent terrifies me into not using anything. I can't wait to get my book of tricks so I can copy the master MWAHAHHAHhahAH!

When you get it.. you will have to let me know and share our makes ;)

Nicky Stevenson said...

There you go Mel! I put the photos on eventually! No sign of any influence from Tim here - Maybe they could do with a bit of distressing don't you think? lol. qwiksave x

Related Posts with Thumbnails